Thanks to the author of a banana bread recipe posted on Simply Recipe’s website, and a few personal add-on’s and subtractions, I have a new favorite recipe. I adapted the one listed on the website to suit my taste buds and here it is for your baking pleasure.
- 3 to 4 very ripe bananas, peeled. If they’re frozen, heat in microwave to make them mix-able.
- 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine. (the key here is melted!)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup sugar (unless you want dessert, then add more sugar)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 handful of chocolate chips or nuts
Mix all the ingredients in one bowl until you’re happy with the consistency. Pour the batter into a greased and floured pan and throw in the over (350 degrees) for 45 or 50 minutes.